Beginning on September 14, 2019, new regulations in the European Union will require Strong Customer Authentication or SCA for online payments, in an effort to reduce online fraud. As a way to comply with such regulations, we have recently implemented some changes into our group wallet system.
How it used to be:
- As a group admin, you had the option of either adding a company credit card, or topping up your group wallet via bank transfer, to cover costs relating to employee requests
- You could also have a company credit card linked to your group account, but primarily rely on bank transfers to top up your group wallet. Your credit card would only be charged if your group wallet balance ever reached 0.
- In the case of our monthly service fees, we would deduct the amount due from the group balance. We understood that this was inconvenient, as we were taking funds that would be better spent directly and exclusively on employee training.
How it will be from now on:
- We will kindly ask you to link a credit card to your company group, as a new requirement. This card will be used to cover our service fees each month (you'll have corresponding invoices available as usual). The company credit card will also be used to cover costs related to user requests, but only if your group wallet balance ever reaches 0.
- We've added the option to restrict your company credit card so it is used exclusively to cover our service fees and not any costs related to employee training. You can disable this option in the billing section of your group page, under "Company Card":
3. In terms of topping up your company wallet, you can still do so via bank transfer or by actively authorizing a specific amount to be deducted from your company credit card.
We are always working to improve the Sunlight experience for our users and company admins, and we truly believe these measures will make our processes clearer and safer. Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, and please don't hesitate to reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org or our Concierge feature if you have any questions or comments.