What are playlists?
Playlists are lists that you can create to organize and personalize your Sunlight account however you like.
Playlists catered to your team
As a company, you are surely looking to keep the learning experience interactive and open between managers and their reports. Using Sunlight’s Team Playlists feature, you’ll be able to recommend and share learning resources directly with your team. These will only be viewable by the people within your team, and not by everyone in the company.
So, what do I need to do?
As a manager, we would suggest that you to create three (3) team playlists:
- Your "Recommended reads": A list of books or articles you would want all members on your team to read
- Your "Recommended upcoming events”: Events coming up in the next 6 months that people on your team may want to attend
- A "Collaborated Learning" Playlist: Here, your team members will be able to add suggestions and recommendations for the rest of the team to see
If you have other topics you’d like to create playlists on, please knock yourself out! Here are some ideas to get you started:
Where can I find ideas for playlists?
- View our collection of playlists put together by world-class leaders on their topics of expertise. Authors include Seth Godin, Alexis Ohanian, and many more!
- Go ahead and type in some keywords on our search bar -- You can filter results to show playlists only. If you find something you like, just hit the “Copy Playlist” button and then visit the playlist’s page to share it with the rest of the team.
All is good, but how do I create a team playlist in the first place?
- First, log into Sunlight and click on "Playlists", which is the 8th button in our side menu, then click on "New Playlist".
2. Let's say you label the playlist “Awesome books on effective communication”, just enter the name and click on "Create playlist".
3. . Visit the “Members” section within the playlist and click on “Add new”. Start typing the name of your team, i.e. “Engineering Team” and select it once you find it.
4. Then, you can change member permissions to “can read”, which means everyone will be able to comment but not add or delete any resources to the playlist. Alternatively, selecting “can write” will mean that members can edit the playlist as they want :)
5. Finally, visit the “Settings” tab within the playlist and make sure the “Make this playlist public” option is turned off.