The sidebar menu is the place to go if you want to navigate through Sunlight. There are nine buttons and each of them has different functions, let’s take a look one by one.
This is your profile photo, if you click here a new menu will appear where you’ll see your name, your email address, a link to go to your profile, a link to go to your settings, and an option to log out.
Then, you’ll see your total amount available to create requests, this is the sum of all your wallets. By default you always have one wallet per company or group and one personal wallet. If you need more funds to purchase a resource, you can always top up your personal wallet from this tab, to learn how to do it, please read our article “How Can I Top Up my personal wallet?”.
Lastly, you’ll see the section “Switch Accounts”. This is for users who have more than one account. By default, you’ll have here a link called “Personal Account” that will take you to your homepage.
If you click here you'll be redirected to your homepage. On your homepage, you’ll see your “To Do” section, your company playlists, your recommended resources, our featured playlists, and your company’s activity. To see this in more detail, please go to the article “Homepage”.
Use your Sunlight!
When you click here a modal appears where you’re able to create new requests. You can use this to request a resource outside Sunlight by filling the information on the form. If you want to learn more about creating requests, please read our article “How to create a new request”.
Additionally, under this form, you’ll see your “saved orders” which are the requests you started filling the information for but did not finish.
If you click here, you’ll be redirected to our search page. From here you can search for resources, playlists, users or companies by typing any key word on our search bar at the top of the page. To take the most out of our search feature, please read “Search any resource on Sunlight!”
Click here to see your latest updates. This will include requests that have been approved, resources other users have recommended to you, or requests that have been created and that you can approve.
This feature allows you to share within Sunlight any resource you might have found elsewhere. Just click there and a modal will appear where you can select the type of resource you want to share, a space to add the link of said resource, and an option to select the person or group you want to share it with.
If you click here you’ll be redirected to your request page. Here you’ll find the following tabs:
- All: It contains all the requests you have created so far.
- Pending: Here you have your requests pending for your manager or admin’s approval.
- Ready: Here are your requests that have been approved, and that have a card ready to use.
- Needs invoice: If you’ve used the card and your request has been completed, then your requests will appear here until you upload an invoice. Some companies have enforced mandatory invoice upload if your company has this feature enabled, then you’ll need to upload an invoice before creating a new request. If you want to learn how to do this, please go to our article “Uploading invoices”.
- Flagged: From time to time some of your orders will be flagged. This means that there is an inconsistency between your request and the amount that was charged to your card. In order to complete your transaction, we’ll need you to upload an invoice or any proof of payment to your request, and no worries, we’ll send you an email each time this happens.
To see your subscription requests, you can go to Your profile.
When you click here you’ll be redirected to all your playlists, this include:
- Your company’s playlists
- Playlists that you follow
- Playlists shared with you
- Playlists created by you
- Sunlight insights, which contains the books you’ve read, the things you’ve liked and shared, and what others have recommended to you.
If you want to learn more about playlists, please visit our article “Our playlists”.
Your company’s logo
This will take you to your company’s page; by default, you’ll see your company’s activity which shows what other team members have bought and shared within Sunlight, and your company’s playlists; however, if you have other permissions, you might be able to access other kinds of information.
If you are an Admin and want to know more about your company’s settings, permissions, and features, please go to our Help Center’s section: “Sunlight Admin Paradise”.
And that’s it! Now you’re ready to take over Sunlight and begin your learning!